When talking about hair transplantation, one usually thinks about hair loss in men. However, hair transplantation is also very common treatment for women hair loss. Women hair shedding in women is usually caused by hormones, stress, and malnutrition. Hair transplantation in women is as important as hair transplantation in men. Since hair loss in women is noticed earlier than in men, hair transplantation in women can be performed earlier.
How is hair transplantation performed in women?
Hair transplantation in women, unlike in men, is performed without shaving the hair. For hair transplantation in women, the donor area determined in the nape area and the hair is taken from there and transplanted into the recipient area. The entire hair is not shaved, but the area is opened locally.
The FUE technique is generally used for hair transplantation in women. Since the FUE technique is performed with local anesthesia, the procedure is painless. In hair transplantation with the FUE technique, hair follicles taken from the donor area are planted one by one into the balding area. Hair transplantation in women takes about 6 to 8 hours and the patient can return to her daily routine immediately after the procedure. During DHI or unshaven hair transplantation for women, hair transplantation is performed only by shaving the donor area. However, shaved hair transplantation is recommended because when hair follicles are placed between long hairs during hair transplantation, other hair follicles can be damaged. Forehead reduction is the most popular hair transplant surgery among women. For women with a wide foreheads, the hairline in the forehead area is pulled forward and hair transplantation is performed.
What should be done after hair transplantation in women?
- Heavy work should be avoided after hair transplantation and hair care products other then the ones given by the doctor should not be used within 15 days.
- Objects that put pressure on the hair should not be used (hats, bandanas, wigs…).
- Sunlight should be avoided after hair transplantation.
- The crusts formed in the hair should not be removed, this area should be treated more sensitively.
- The hair should not touch or itch your newly transplanted area.
- The hair should not be colored after a hair transplant. However, you can use a hair dye if it is recommended by the doctor.